The Four Essential Parts of all Wedding Stationary
Deciding on a wedding suite can be difficult, let alone time-consuming. Don't worry- we've got you covered! Below we outlined a list of basic wedding suites to an expansive pack. If you are looking for inspiration, be sure to check out our Pinterest Page.
1. Save the Date
Save the Dates are guests first look at your special day and the style of the rest of your wedding suite. Everyone has a busy schedule, so getting a Save the Date out helps alleviate any last-minute stress. Also, this card helps make sure your loved ones plan.
Traditionally addressed to the guest, but we are starting to see Save the Dates designed as postcards- eliminating the need for an envelope.
Information to Include:
- the couple's name
- wedding date
Your invitation features the most crucial information about your wedding day. Some couples attempt to conduct everything on their website, but ultimately still send out printed invitations. The card makes a beautiful keepsake and is a helpful reminder for guests.
The couple's name's on the back flap or the top left corner on the front. The guest name on the front.
Information to Include
- the couple’s name
- hostnames: parents of the couple
- date and time
A reply card, or RSVP, is used to collect a guest's choices for being able to come to the event, or declining.
Traditionally addressed to the parents of the bride, the RSVPs now forward to whoever handles the guestlist-making it easier for your guests to respond.
Information to Include
- confirmation: gladly accepts, declines with regret
- a blank line to write their name
- reply by date
- meal selection: chicken, beef, veggie, kids meal
- amount of seats reserved
- a message from the couple
- song requests
Information not listed on an invitation goes on the details card.
Things to include:
- accommodations: a reserved block of hotel rooms, airbnbs
- wedding website: the knot, zola
- map/directions: illustrated, written out
- transportation/parking: shuttle bus times, complimentary valet
- registry/gifts: amazon, anthropologie, target, zola
- attire: formal, semi-formal, black-tie
- arrangements for children: adults-only event, complimentary babysitting
- invitation to other wedding events: welcome cocktail party, farewell brunch, rehearsal dinner